AB of Gluster fame, is off working on another kick-butt storage project. Again, its in the Software Defined Storage realm, this time its called Minio! A play on the minimal-io phrase/mindset. Written in go, the focus is a simple, easy to deploy and use 100% S3 compatible, object based storage platform.
I talked about this project here, nearly two years ago when the project was just initially getting off the ground. Today, you’ve got full blown storage serve along with a full blow client for interacting with the server and other S3 compatible services!.
Some of the features are:
- Written in go, super easy to update/develop in or against.
- Native integrated replication.
- 100% Amazon S3 compatible.
- Erasure Code & Bitrot Protection
- No need for RAID
- Platform agnostic
- Already Docker containerized